Stanza Comprehension Poem 1 Dreams Poet Langston Hughes
STANZA NUMBER 1
- Hold fast to dreams
- For if dreams die
- Life is a broken-winged bird
- That cannot fly.
Q1: Why did the poet advise to hold fast to dreams?
Ans: The poet advised to hold fast to dreams because dreams are very important for a happy and successful life.
Q2: What will happen if dreams die?
Ans: If dreams die, life will be a broken-winged bird that cannot fly in the air.
Q3: What cannot fly in the air?
Ans: A broken-winged bird cannot fly in the air.
Q4: Which technique is used by the poet in this stanza?
Ans: The poet used the technique of Personification. He Personified Dream to a bird.
Q5: What does the phrase “hold fast to dream” mean?
Ans: The phrase “hold fast to dream” means to stick fast to your ambition in life.
Q6: From which poem this stanza has been taken?
Ans: This stanza has been taken from the poem “Dreams”.
STANZA NUMBER 2
- Hold fast to dreams
- For when dreams
- go Life is a barren
- field Frozen with snow.
Q1: What will happen if dreams go?
Ans: When dreams go away, life will be a barren field frozen with snow.
Q2: The poet compares life to which kind of field?
Ans: The poet compared life to a barren field.
Q3: What is the meaning of the word “Barren”?
Ans: The meaning of the word barren is uncultivatable or unproductive.
Q4: What would be life if there are no dreams?
Ans: Life will be hopeless, Aimless, and bleak.
Q5: Write the rhyming words of this stanza?
Ans: The rhyming words of this stanza are gone and snow.
Q6: Who is the poet of this poem?
Ans: Langston Hughes is the poet of this poem.
Class 10 English Notes
- Unit 1 Class 10 English Notes: Simplicity and Humility of Hazrat Muhammad SAW
- Unit 03 Poem Dreams Langston Hughes
- Unit 02 The Champions Class 10 English Notes
- Unit 6 In Spite of War Angela Morgan English NotesClass 10
- Unit 07 The Aged Mother English Notes Class 10
- Unit 05 “The Great Masjid of Cordoba & Iqbal” Class 10 Notes
- Unit 13 Hazrat Umar (RA) Class 10 English Notes
- Paraphrases of Poems Dreams Class 10 English Notes
- Paraphrases of Poem 2 In Spite of War Class 10 English Notes
- Paraphrases of Poems 3 Equipment Class 10 English Notes
- Stanza Comprehension Poem 1 Dreams Langston Hughes
- Comprehension Poem 2 In Spite of War Class 10