Pakistan studies English Medium Chapter 6 Class 9th Industrial Development in Pakistan notes Pdf Download.
What is meant by industry?
“Industry” means the act of economic activity concerned with the processing of raw materials and producing goods, especially in factories. Industrialization is essential for the rapid development of the country. It can also be defined as the work and process, which is involved in the making of things in factories. It refers to the manufacture of things through manual or mechanical methods. In broad terms, industry means the preparation of commodities from raw materials, which are of some utility to human beings.
Define National Development.
National development is defined as “the process of advancement in economic and social sectors of a country for the welfare of the people such as good education, provision of food, health facilities, infrastructure etc.” It can be said that national development reflects the strength of human and natural resources, which make life rich and easy. According to Bradwell:
“National development refers to the ability of a country or countries to improve the social welfare of the people, for example, by providing social amenities like good education, infrastructure, medical care, and social services.”
Q.3) What is the importance of industry for National Development?
The Importance of Industry in National Development:
The industry is defined as “the work and process, which is involved in the making of products by using machines and factories,” while National development is referred to as the institutions“the process of advancement in economic and social sectors of a country for the welfare of the people such as good education, provision of food, health facilities, infrastructure etc.”
The industry is an essential component for the development of a country. With the discovery of agricultural and natural resources, it has become necessary to invent machines to get optimum benefits from the resources. The importance of industry in National Development is:
1) Source of Economic Development:
It is the source of the economic development of a country. Those countries, which have a strong industrial background are considered developed.
2) Earning of Foreign Exchange:
Industries are a way to earn valuable foreign exchange for the country. Commodities are manufactured on a large scale to fulfil local and national needs and are exported to other countries to meet their needs.
3) Value of Raw Materials:
Industries raised the Value of raw materials by manufacturing them into finished goods. Cotton as a raw material has less value as compared to cotton yarn or cotton cloth.
4) Elimination of Unemployment:
The establishment of industries means massive chances for employment. If more industries would develop in the country, it would be able to provide more chances to a greater number of people. Thus, industries are the source of elimination of unemployment from the country.
5) Comfort to Human Beings:
Industry adds comfort to the lives of human beings. Radio, TV, Air conditioner, refrigerator, and many other goods have added to the comfort of the people.
6) Better standards of Life:
The increase in the number of industries would eliminate unemployment and poverty from the country and ultimately raise the standards of people’s lives. In this way, the country becomes self-reliant and prosperous.
The concept of national development is becoming very popular in the modern world. It is used for the development and welfare of society and its citizens. Industries are regarded as a big source of achieving the objectives of national development, which ultimately brings contentment and happiness to the county and eliminates the inequality from the society. Thus, the government should take sufficient steps to promote industrial growth for the national development of the country.
Q.4) Write a note on the Cotton and Sugar Industries in Pakistan.
The cotton and sugar industries are considered the backbone of Pakistan’s economy. The textile industry manufactures fine varieties of cloth. Pakistan is self-sufficient in cotton cloth. Each year millions of foreign exchange are earned through the export of cotton cloth and yarn. The main centres of the textile industry are Faisalabad, Lahore, and Multan in Punjab, Karachi, and Hyderabad in Sindh. The variety of cotton products ranges from cotton yarn to knitwear. Garment made-up and bed sheets are the most important export products with a value of about $1.35 billion each.
The Sugar industry in Pakistan is the second largest industry after Textiles. Pakistan is an important cane producing country and is ranked fifth in world cane acreage and 15th in sugar production. Pakistan started with two sugar factories at Rahwali near Gujranwala and Takht Bhai Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in 1947. This number has gradually increased to 78 with the capacity to produce 5 million tons of refined sugar. Pakistan is not only self-sufficient in the production of sugar but also earns valuable foreign exchange through the export of sugar. Pakistan’s sugar is of the best quality.
Q.5) How do means of communication help?
Means of communication are described as all sources, which help people in various ways of travelling from one place to another and help in transportation of goods and sending information between places, connections using road, railways, radio, telephone, television, internet etc. It is generally said that the communication system is the index of a country’s progress. By evaluating a country’s means of communication, the level of its development can be determined. Means of communication help in various ways for the progress of the country such as:
- They develop both agriculture and industry in the country.
- They promote national and international trade.
- They promote unity and national solidarity as people travel to different parts of the country.
- They strengthen the defence of the country through the quick mobilization of armed forces.
- They promote knowledge and art and make their benefits available to other parts of the country.
- These ways of communication help in maintaining law and order in the country and provide quick relief in case of catastrophes like floods, earthquakes, fire, etc.
- They disseminate knowledge, create a sense of national identity, help in the widening of the market, and eliminate waste in the cross transportation of goods.
Q.6) Which important cities are situated on the National Highway from Karachi to Peshawar?
The National Highway is the oldest as well as the most important highway of Pakistan. Its length is 1735 kilometres and starts from Karachi and ends at Peshawar and Torkham. The important cities situated on this highway are Hyderabad, Nawabshah, Sukkar, Bahawalpur, Multan, Lahore, Rawalpindi, and Peshawar.
Q.7) What are the uses of E-Commerce?
The Internet continues to change every aspect of our lives and changes the way consumers make their purchase decisions. E-Commerce is comparatively a new concept in trading that is shaping the future of business around the globe. E-Commerce implies the system of “online trading, buying, and selling of goods and services through different networks, i.e. email, internet etc.” The uses of E-Commerce in modern trade are:
- Electronic commerce is a branch of Information Technology. It helps in maintaining an updated correct record of trade and business.
- Through E-Commerce, contacts can be established with leading business organizations in the world through their websites and find out the details concerning their commodities, their prices, quantity, and time limit for the supply of their goods.
- Payments can be made through the internet.
- The shares of stock exchanges of New York, Singapore, Hong Kong, London, etc. can be purchased or sold while sitting at home in Pakistan.
- E-Commerce has made trade and business quicker, easier, and better.
- E-commerce provides online shopping or online retailing, which allows consumers to buy goods or services from a seller over the Internet, and to the whole world using a web browser.
Q.8) What steps can be taken for increasing industrial development in Pakistan?
“Industry” literally means the act of economic activity concerned with the processing of raw materials and producing goods, especially in factories. Industrialization is essential for the rapid development of the country. The industries of Pakistan are suffering from many problems. The Knowledge of these problems will help in finding their solution and increasing the pace of industrial development. These problems are:
1. Shortage of skilled workers:
There is a shortage of skilled workers for the industry.
2. The absence of institutions:
There is the absence of institutions the institutions which can help in maintaining the standard of goods with quality control.
3. Inconsistent Policies:
The inconsistent policies on industrial development like nationalization and violation of rules in the name of industrial development.
4. Deteriorating law and order situation:
The deteriorating law and order situation in the country has discouraged investment in the industrial sector.
5. Lack of Marketing:
There is a lack of proper marketing.
6. Negative attitude of Trade Unions:
The negative attitude of trade unions results in low production.
Steps to Increase Industrial Development:
Industrial development is an essential element for the economic development of a country. However, the industrial sector of Pakistan suffers from various structural problems, which is resulting in slow growth rates of investment, output, and exports. Therefore, the following remedial steps should be taken, which will help in increasing industrial development such as the institutions are absent institutions
- The law and order situation in the country should be improved which will enable the investors to invest money without the fear of loss of life or assets.
- The rules and regulations for trade should be made easier and simplified.
- The sense of the dignity of labour institutions are absent institutions should be created while training the staff to create a sense of devotion to hard work for more production.
- The government should set up a strict system of quality control. There should not be a compromise on the quality and standard of the finished products.
- The quality of education in marketing and business administration should be made better.
- The industrial policies should be well-defined and stable.
- The smuggling of foreign goods should be checked strictly.
- The government should provide incentives to the industrialists in the form of relaxation in taxes, subsidies on quality production and training of the workers.
- The working conditions of the workers should be improved and their wages be increased.
The Revival of the industrial sector is a big challenge for the public and private sectors. Therefore, the government should train the labour that institutions and people to face the emerging challenges in the development of science and new technologies and its interface with industry should be brought to the forefront of the industrial vision for the future.
Pdf Download Industrial Development in Pakistan
- Sindh textbook board Jamshoro books pdf download 2021
- KPK Text Book Board New 2021 PDF Download
- Top 9th Class Math Notes PDF Download Cha 1 to 9
- English notes for class 11 kpk board Chapter 1 Responsibilities of the Youth
- Download All Classes Notes in Pdf Class 9, Class 10, Class 11, & Class 12