CHAPTER NO 10 SIMPLE HARMONIC MOTION & WAVES
Class: 10th Class Physic Notes
Chapter: Simple harmonic motion and waves
Topic: Simple harmonic motion
- SHM, necessary conditions, and examples
- Damped oscillation
- Wave motion
- Types of waves and their examples
- Waves equations
- Ripple Tank
- Characteristics of Waves
- Solution of problems
- The motion of the bob of the pendulum f.s.
- The motion of the mass attached to spring.
- Oscillations of the steel strip.
- The motion of the earth around its axis.
- The motion of the bob of the simple pendulum.
- The motion of a mass attached to spring.
- The characteristics of simple harmonic motion are as follows.
- In S.H.M, the body oscillates about its mean position.
- In S.H.M, the acceleration of the body is directly proportional to the displacement from the mean position and directed toward the mean position& directed toward the mean position i.e.
- In S.H.M restoring force is always acting upon the body.
- The restoring force and acceleration are Maximum at the extreme position and zero at the mean position.
- The velocity and K.E are maximum at the mean position and zero at the extreme position.
- Potential energy is maximum at an extreme position and zeroes at the mean position.