English Notes Class 10 Unit 7 The Aged Mother
A: The farmer decided to take his mother to the summit to leave her there for a while. That way, she would die in solitude.
Answer: The son hid his mother in a room under the kitchen floor so that he could escape the death penalty announced by the governor for the elderly.
Answer: “Wisdom comes with a crown of snow.” This phrase means that wisdom comes with the passage of time.
Answer: The theme of the “Old Mother” story is that older people are more intelligent and experienced than young people because they see life up close.
Answer: The climax of the “old mother” story is when a farmer reveals his mother’s secret to the governor. He listened to her in silence and then he ordered the abolition of the cruel law of killing all the old people.
Answer: The farmer revealed his secret to the governor because he considered it a safe way for him. He wanted to tell the governor that the elderly are very important to the state because they have a lot of experience and wisdom.
Answer: The elements of the story “Old Mother” are character, sequence, beginning, middle, end and moral lessons. Farmers, mothers, and governors are the main characters in this story. The storyline is the city of Shinano. The importance of the elderly is a moral lesson in this story.
Answer: The sequence of the story is the city of Shinano where a small hut was located at the foot of the mountain. The farmer and his mother lived in the hut.
Answer: The Quaid announced the execution of all the elderly because he believed that the elderly were a threat to his dictatorial rule and power.
A: The poor youth felt sad and distressed about this announcement.
Answer: The youth, with the help of their old mother, obeyed the governor’s order. He made a rope of ashes at the suggestion of his old mother.
Read more Post:
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 1
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 2
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 3
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 4
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 5
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 6
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 8
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 9
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 10
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 11
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 12
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 13
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 14
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 15
- the aged mother questions
- the aged mother theme
- the aged mother pdf
- the story of the aged mother setting
- the aged mother characters
- the aged mother story with picture
- the story of the aged mother moral lesson
- the story of the aged mother pdf download
Full Post Visit Now, GRAMMAR, question and Answer, Stanza and Prepositional phrase:
Class 10 English Notes full Grammer, stanza, etc
- Unit 1 Class 10 English Notes: Simplicity and Humility of Hazrat Muhammad SAW
- Unit 03 Poem Dreams Langston Hughes
- Unit 02 The Champions Class 10 English Notes
- Unit 6 In Spite of War Angela Morgan English NotesClass 10
- Unit 07 The Aged Mother English Notes Class 10
- Unit 05 “The Great Masjid of Cordoba & Iqbal” Class 10 Notes
- Unit 13 Hazrat Umar (RA) Class 10 English Notes
- Paraphrases of Poems Dreams Class 10 English Notes
- Paraphrases of Poem 2 In Spite of War Class 10 English Notes
- Paraphrases of Poems 3 Equipment Class 10 English Notes
- Stanza Comprehension Poem 1 Dreams Langston Hughes
- Comprehension Poem 2 In Spite of War Class 10