English Notes Class 10 Unit 3
Langston Hughes Poem “Dreams”
Question 1 What is the main idea of the poem?
Answer: The theme of the poem “Dreams” is the importance of holding dreams in life. Dreams are essential for a vibrant life. Life is hopeless without ambitions and dreams.
Question 2 How important do you think dreams are? please explain.
A: I think hope and dreams are very important for a successful life. Dreams are a source of hope and happiness that enables us to succeed. Dreams encourage us to endure the hardships of life.
Q3. Identify an example of a statement or phrase that is repeated in a poem and explain why the poet repeats it.
Answer: The poet repeats the word/phrase “dream” and “if the dream dies”, because he wanted to emphasize the importance of dreams in human life.
Q4. Identify an example of personality. Explain what personality is being given and how?
Answer: Shape: When a poet gives human qualities to inhuman things which are called personality. This symbolic device is used in the poem “Dreams”. The poet has made life as attractive as a broken wing that cannot fly without dreams.
Q5. Identify lines containing metaphors. What ideas are being conveyed by them?
Answer: The third line of the first floor “Life is a broken wing” and the third line of the second floor “Life is a barren field” which includes metaphors. These metaphors suggest that life without dreams is useless and hopeless.
Q6. Make a list of words that match the poem “Dream”?
Answer: Approval: When all the words in a line or sentence start with the same letter. This is called alliteration. In this poem, “Dreams die” are the noble words
Q 7: How is the imagery used in this poem?
Answer: The poet has beautifully used the symbolic device of imagery in this poem. He uses words like “broken birds”, “barren field” and “snow-covered field” to impress readers.
Q8. What is the mood of this poem? How does it make you feel?
Answer: The mood of this poem is depressing. However, the poet urges readers to stick to their desires, aspirations, and goals because life without dreams is slow and dark.
Question & Answer English Notes For Class 10th
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 1
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 2
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 4
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 5
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 6
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 7
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 8
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 9
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 10
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 11
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 12
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 13
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 14
- English Notes Class 10 Unit 15
Full Post Visit Now, GRAMMAR, question and Answer, Stanza and Prepositional phrase:
class 10 Eanglish Notes
- Unit 1 Class 10 English Notes: Simplicity and Humility of Hazrat Muhammad SAW
- Unit 03 Poem Dreams Langston Hughes
- Unit 02 The Champions Class 10 English Notes
- Unit 6 In Spite of War Angela Morgan English NotesClass 10
- Unit 07 The Aged Mother English Notes Class 10
- Unit 05 “The Great Masjid of Cordoba & Iqbal” Class 10 Notes
- Unit 13 Hazrat Umar (RA) Class 10 English Notes
- Paraphrases of Poems Dreams Class 10 English Notes
- Paraphrases of Poem 2 In Spite of War Class 10 English Notes
- Paraphrases of Poems 3 Equipment Class 10 English Notes
- Stanza Comprehension Poem 1 Dreams Langston Hughes
- Comprehension Poem 2 In Spite of War Class 10